Back in the mid-90s, Gerard was captain of the O’Toole’s side that won the U13 North Dublin Premier Football League. Sadly, a traffic accident in the summer of 1996 saw Gerard lose his life, but such was the impact of his short career that we decided to mark his contribution with the annual Ger Canavan Tournament. We are proud to say that it is now in its 18th year.
O’Tooles are inviting clubs to take part in our Under 11 Girls Section of The Ger Canavan Tournament. This will take place on Saturday the 4th of July. First match scheduled for 3pm.
We are looking for seven other clubs. We will have two groups of four. The top two teams in each group playing the semi finals eventually leading to final.
The rules are as follows:
- Go game under 11 rules apply.
- 10 minute per half, three minute at half time.
- If a player is fouled. Makers takers rule applies.
- The games will be 9 aside; panels should be 15 player or less; teams can make as many subs as they wish.
- Should any game end in a draw, three frees (points) must be taken to decide winners. Frees from different angles and by three different players.
- If the clubs end up on same points at the end of the group stages, their head to head will decide who finishes on top.
- Should there be a clash of jersey colours, one team must turn jersey inside out
- Any matter of dispute or controversy will be dealt with on the day, by the organising committee
- If a player receives a straight red card he/she is disqualified from playing further in the blitz.
- If a player receives two yellow cards he/she is disqualified from playing further in the game
- The cost of the blitz is €30, please note this covers the cost of the refs.
If you would like you team/club to take part please complete the registration form below on or before the Friday the 19th of June. Please note we are operating a first come first served policy with respect to registration and only one team per club.
If you have any other question call, Hellen Meila (018482641, 0863060524 or email@example.com)