No more places available
O’Tooles GAC are inviting clubs to take part in our Under 11 conditioned Football Blitz. This will take place on Friday the 5th of June. First match scheduled for 6.45pm.
We are looking for five other clubs. We will have two groups of three. The top two teams in each group playing the semi finals. Each team will play a minimum of 3 games. It is noted that each team will play a bonus game versus one of the teams from the other group. The winners of bonus games will be awarded two points and these point will contribute to their standing in the group stages.
Watch ‘Circle Game‘ video.
The conditioned game is based on the circle game on Leinster GAA YouTube Channel. The youtube link to the Circle game is below.
The differences (conditioned rules) between the game on YouTube and the games on the night are:
- The game is adapted for football.
- The radius of the circle is 15m.
- The games will be 10 aside, however it is noted that the each team is split into 5 aside as the circle game is a “one goal pints only game”, e.g, if Dublin and Cork are playing, Dublin 1 plays Cork 1 and Dublin 2 plays Cork 2 in the first half and in the second half Dublin 1 plays Cork 2 and Dublin 2 plays Cork 1. At the end of the game all scores are added and the team with the highest combined score wins.
- The games are high intensity as the ball does not go out of play (there is no side line) as such it is 3 minutes per half.
- Teams can make as many subs as they wish however substitution are at half time only.
- Players can not be moved from team 1 to team 2 during games or half times. We will not police this, however it would be considered bad sportsmanship.
- One point is awarded for a full block down. Two points is awarded for a diving “superman” block down.
- If a player is fouled, a free will be awarded. Makers takers rule applies.
- Hand passing the ball over the bar is not allowed.
- The cost of the blitz is €30, please note this covers the cost of the refs. In this instance 6 refs required as the fee is increased accordingly.
If you would like you team/club to take part please complete the registration form below on or before the Friday the 22nd of May. Please note we are operating a first come first served policy with respect to registration.
If you have any other question call, Lenny Rock on 0868266119.